Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and many more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing product engineering team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 5 million users and is present in nearly 20,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Champion code quality, reusability, scalability and security
- Drive strategic software architecture decisions
- Collaborate with product people, designers, engineers and outside vendors to develop high functioning software
- Develop a deep understanding of the jobs-to-be-done by our customers and translate that knowledge into intuitive product features
- Mentor software engineers utilizing proven design patterns and your experience building large scale public facing software
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Take small seedling ideas or concepts and turn them into high fidelity technical game plans
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
Required Experience & Technical Skills:
- At least 8 years as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- At least 2 years experience leading engineering teams
- Expert knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages like Node.js (highly preferred), Ruby, Python, Go
- Adept at drafting, validating and implementing software systems architecture
- Understanding of modern development and deployment technologies and can speak thoroughly to their pros and cons
- Experience with hiring and managing teams of 3 or more while organizing and prioritizing tasks
- Strong familiarity with data structures, algorithms and common design patterns
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL flavors like PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB
- Proponent of code testing and familiar with the common frameworks for unit, integration and functional tests
- Comfortable working within a Linux/Unix environment
- Proficient with Git version control
- Preference for modern, thoughtful and beautiful UI/UX, as well as tools like Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Well versed in serverless, Lambda and microservice architectures
- You've built GraphQL API's and are familiar with the Apollo Platform
- DevOps skills including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience building iOS and Android applications using React Native, Objective-C, Swift, Java, etc.
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.