Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and many more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing product engineering team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 4 million users and is present in nearly 19,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Software Engineer (Front End) who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Champion code quality, reusability, scalability and security
- Collaborate with product teams and designers and you have a proven track record for delivering value to users
- Develop deep understanding of the jobs-to-be-done by your customers and can translate that knowledge into intuitive product features
- Be ready and willing to use the new “hot tool” but ultimately you always choose the right tool for the job
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
Required Experience & Technical Skills:
- At least 2 years as a Software Engineer
- Expert in CSS: Styled Components, Grid, flexbox, animations, cross-browser compatibility
- Experienced with the React.js UI framework and its core principles.
- Understanding of state management frameworks and workflows like Redux, Flux, MobX, RxJS, etc
- Understanding or interest in learning about GraphQL and Apollo
- Preference for modern, thoughtful and beautiful UI/UX, as well as tools like Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proponent of code testing and familiar with the common frameworks used to test UI’s
- Comfortable working within a Linux/Unix environment
- Proficient with Git version control
Preferred Experience & Technical Skills:
- Experience working on Native iOS, Native Android or React Native applications
- Experience with TypeScript or Flow
- Module bundling experience with webpack, or rollup
- Knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages like Node.js, Ruby, Python, Go and the common web frameworks used with these
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.