Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing team to do just that.
Our leadership has a fresh and innovative vision for how the company should approach digital marketing and product. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our customers in a more personalized and effective way. We’re looking for a strong, technically sound Sr. Data Analyst who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
The senior data analyst partners with stakeholders across the business to answer the most pressing analytical product questions, such as:
- How can we optimize the product for retention and maximal user engagement?
- Is our user interface working well for every individual across our diverse user base? How do we measure this?
- How do we drive the consumers’ behaviors towards our whole product portfolio?
- How do we measure our service to give users the best personalized experiences?
As a Sr. Data Analyst, you will design innovative analytic approaches to test hypotheses, extract actionable insights by identifying patterns in structured and unstructured data, and develop recommendations to drive business performance. You will be instrumental in leading the use of analytics as a critical value driver and source of competitive advantage across our organization.
- Apply advanced analytics techniques (core statistical-modeling, data visualization, data mining) to extract actionable insights through analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data.
- Build the executive dashboard to show the user engagement by using modern data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker etc.
- Help data scientists and product owners to define the product KPIs to measure the performance.
- Develop data-driven reports and analyses to support critical business decisions.
- Help data engineers to identify the possible data issues.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated 3+ years’ experience in driving business decisions with data-driven analyses.
- Comfortable using massive datasets and the big data eco-system.
- Proficient with SQL.
- Experience with any one Modern Visualization tool like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Python scripting experience to perform data wrangling and analysis.
- PySpark, SparkSQL or similar big data analysis experience using tools like Hive, Pig, Cassandra Query Language, Elasticsearch Query DSL, MongoDB query lang, CouchDB, etc
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and modeling: experiment design, hypothesis testing, regression, etc.
- Demonstrated ability working independently and applying exceptional creativity in solving open-ended problems.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Has extensive knowledge to build dashboards to present meaningful data insights and business opportunities.
Preferred Experience & Technical Skills
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working in public cloud environment like AWS and GCP using products like EMR, Athena, Quicksight, Bigquery and Google Data studio
- Experience working with Snowflake or similar distributed databases.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.