Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 25,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Sr. QA Engineer who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
The Sr. QA Engineer will play a critical role in testing our platform as well as our web and mobile products. As a member of the Product Engineering team, you will report to the Lead Software Architect and work with other engineers, product managers, delivery managers and business stakeholders to validate performant code and reliable user experiences.
- Create, deploy and maintain test automation frameworks.
- Perform code reviews of unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
- Organize and execute user testing that spans across an array of browsers, devices, email clients, network speeds and accessibility constraints.
- Define and improve testing practices, tools and process with the goal of verifying new features and preventing regressions.
- Document and communicate a QA strategy for the Product Engineering team.
- Establish a process for reporting, organizing and prioritizing issues.
- Create detailed test plans based on product requirements.
Required Experience & Skills
- 5+ years as a QA Engineer or Software Engineer, with a strong background in QA process, techniques and tools.
- In-depth familiarity with a variety of testing methodologies including unit, integration, functional, manual, load and regression.
- Experience writing tests using tools like Jest, Mocha, Enzyme, Cypress, Puppeteer, mabl, Detox and Artillery.
- Strong familiarity with CI/CD.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with application monitoring and logging tools like NewRelic, DataDog, CloudWatch, etc.
- Experience testing GraphQL a plus.
- Experience testing mobile applications built with React Native a plus.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive pay
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.