Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and many more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing product team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 5 million users and is present in nearly 20,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Craft a brand identity for our loyalty program and associated digital assets (websites, apps, emails and printed materials).
- Distill complex business objectives to simple and intuitive design.
- Participate in and run design reviews.
- Collaborate with our Product Manager and Front End Engineers to help bring your designs to life.
- Freely conceptualize ideas and then narrow based on experimentation and customer research.
- Participate in and lead customer research, boiling feedback down to the functional, social and emotional jobs that customers hire our products to do.
- Deliver user flow diagrams, interaction patterns, design specs, wireframes, mental models and prototypes.
- Think deeply about the goals of the customer and address those through thoughtful design.
- Design a reusable UI component library.
- Create a brand and style guide the organization will adhere to.
Desired Experience & Skills
- You have an eye for beautiful design and a portfolio to prove it.
- You’ve been a creative most your life and a UI/UX Designer for at least the last 4 years.
- Comfortable with modern design tools like Adobe, Sketch, InVision, Figma, Zeplin, etc
- You understand web and mobile app design with a portfolio that demonstrates this.
- You understand animation opportunities, when to take them and why.
- You won’t be required to write HTML or CSS but you should understand the capabilities of these languages.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
- All the cold brew coffee you can drink
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.